Your Representatives include;
Patient Participation Group – Terms of Reference
This Patient Participation Group (PPG) will:
- Contribute to practice decision-making and will consult on service development and provision;
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary;
- Serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with grumbles and complaints about the practice – representing patients but also helping them to understand the Practice’s viewpoint;
- Assist the practice and its patients by arranging voluntary groups/support within the community;
- Communicate information about the community which may affect healthcare;
- Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care;
- Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice and promoting preventative medicine;
- Influence the provision of secondary healthcare and social care locally;
- Give feedback to NHS trusts on consultations;
- Fundraise for medical equipment or other facilities to improve the practice and/or fund the activities of the PPG; and
- Liaise with other PPGs in the area.
The Parkgate Medical Centre Mission Statement:
"The Patient Participation Group at Parkgate Medical Centre is a group of patients working with the local community to contribute and provide support to the Practice, covering both the Parkgate and Thorogate surgeries."
- To improve communication with patients by breaking down barriers, the practice and wider health community.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of services for patients.
- Build and maintain a relationship between the practice staff and patients.
Patient Participation Group Plan for 2014 / 2015, considering the PPG survey results, having discussed issues with patients in the surgeries
· Make practice leaflet available to all patients; new and existing
· Improve the comfort of the waiting area
· Look at the representation of the group – spend time to reach possible new members
· Organise a ‘flu day’ event
· Promote alternative support services
Patient Participation Group Annual Report 2014 - 15 and Action Plan
A link to this is available by clicking on the PPG Annual Report & Action Plan tab above.